Wyatt Box

bigmo101

How exactly is it installed? Is there a lot of fitting that needs to take place? In order to install the Wyatt Box, what else do you need to complete the installation? Is it worth doing?

Last edited:
How exactly is it installed? Is there a lot of fitting that needs to take place? In order to install the Wyatt Box, what else do you need to complete the installation? Is it worth doing?

A while back I bough a 10 round wyatt box with the intension of shortening it to 5 or 6
rounds (Who needs 10 416's to get the job done ) and the inleting went fine with some
fitting.

On an all wood stock it would be straight forward, Just open the magazine well up a little
and install.

If your rifle has a bedding block like mine then its a little harder because some of this
has to be removed to allow room for the wyatts box.

After inleting I used bedding compound for a perfict fit.

Next I will shorten the magazine and try the system out.

As to whether or not it's worth it ? It is if you want more than 2 or 3 rounds in the hole.

J E CUSTOM

I put the Wyatt Box in my 338Edge,took about 15 minutes of checking and fitting with a dremel. You need it for a longer OAL.
Guns857.jpg

I went with the Seekins Detachable Box Magazine on my 338 Lapua. This Mag will allow bullets to be seated out to 3.9" overal lenght. Mine is the 5 round Mag.

ElkHuntNewMexico2008063.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.