Mag lite still the best truck flash light

300 ultra

I have always kept the big 4 d cell mag in my truck and was wondering what everyone carries. I am a light fanatic and have a sure fire, spot lights and many headlamps but Always count on the mag light.

Streamlight flashlights are my choice. I leave it charging all the time in my 4runner so I know it will be fully charged whenever I need it

The new LED 4 cell mag lights are crazy bright,My boss bought new mag lights for all the company trucks and didn't realize one was an LED.That light is more than twice as bright as the standard mag light.

Rob

The new LED 4 cell mag lights are crazy bright,My boss bought new mag lights for all the company trucks and didn't realize one was an LED.That light is more than twice as bright as the standard mag light.

Rob

I was looking at those LED ones. I may have to pick one of those up to.:D

Man am I behind I have a 3 D cell in my Truck for the last 15 yrs. gets new battery's every hunting season. It also is backup to my spot light when going on the Mississippi River Duck hunting.

Everyone copied Mag Lite but the original is still the best and they make good clubs/hammers too.

I have one in each vehicle and farm tractor.

One time the original is still the best.

1 4-D cell light in my jeep
3 3-D cell lights in my home
small 2 AA sized light in my gun tool box

That'll keep me going for awhile

I got another Mag Lite today for a Nite Ize fiber optic bore inspector.
I still have to get a Mag lite for that because it fits.

But these days I carry a single AA battery flashlight in my shirt pocket, a Fenix LD12.
It will do what the big flashlight will do, and it is always there.

Amazon.com: Fenix LD12R5 Flashlight: Sports & Outdoors

On my Mag Lite, 2 and 3 D cell lights I dropped in a TerraLux led "bulb" and use Powerex 11,000 mAh rechargable batterys. The beam will shine 100 yards plus and lights will burn for many hours. I have used these lights for a couple months every night and have not recharged. In my Surefire G2 lights, I also dropped in Cree led bulbs and heavy duty rechargable bats. Will also illuminate 100 yds and in such a small package. The day of paying a couple hundred for a custom made flashlight are gone.
db

I have quite a few flashlights in my service truck. Streamlight Stinger, a LED headlight and a Makita 18 volt pivoting head worklight. The Makita is gets used for almost everything that doesn't require crawling on my belly. Then the headlight and lastly, the torch. Mostly I need a light to see what I'm doing so a hands free option gets used the most. I only use the torch for when I want some distance between me and what I'm looking for.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.