WHATS THE BEST 8X42 BINOCUALRS ?????

AndrewD2007

What is the best 8x42 binoculars if you had no kind of budget? What are some good features and what makes them different from other brands?

Take a look at Meopta. They are a 74 year old company, located in the Czech Republicbut have only been in the US market since 2004. Their warrenty is lifetime and transferable. Meopta private lables for several companies, including Cabela's Euro binoculars, as well as offering their own line of optics, which use their best quality glass.
Meopta offers the Meostar B1 10x42 #467780 with their best glass. The Meopta optically outperformed the Swarovski SLC 10x42 from the side by side comparison I made, having better resolution and true color.
http://www.meopta.com/

JD338

Take a look at Meopta. They are a 74 year old company, located in the Czech Republicbut have only been in the US market since 2004. Their warrenty is lifetime and transferable. Meopta private lables for several companies, including Cabela's Euro binoculars, as well as offering their own line of optics, which use their best quality glass.
Meopta offers the Meostar B1 10x42 #467780 with their best glass. The Meopta optically outperformed the Swarovski SLC 10x42 from the side by side comparison I made, having better resolution and true color.
http://www.meopta.com/

JD338

I looked over some Kowa's recently really nice - and pricey over here.

I use a Pentax DCF HRII - for my eyes they were better than a friends Swaro's and are brighter than the Nikon Monarchs.

Are they the best? Don't know, haven't looked through everything, but I'd try them before I bought anything else.

I lost them hunting in April and have 2 more pairs coming to replace the one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Just in case I get careless again!

I guess opinions can really differ on this topic.
I am in the glass buisness so when I bought my first pair of pricey bino's I bought Pentax because they have glass made by Asahi the largest glass manufacturer in the world and also known for there quality.
One day I was out coyote hunting with two of my friends, about 10 minutes into the stand my friend nudged me and pointed in the direction of a coyote that was coming in ,I looked and looked and could never spot it. five minutes later my friend got frustrated with me and handed me his Swarovski's, I instantly spotted the coyote that I never once saw through my pentax.
since that time I have checked out just about every bino made and it is tough to beat the Swaro's, sure some look great in a well lit sporting goods store but in real world hunting conditions they fall short. Pentax is not even in the same league as the Swarovski. try the 8x42 EL
UB

I will second the swarovski's and not just cause i sell them, i use them also. I have a pair of the 8x30mm for a light wieght carry bino and i love them. I have yet to find any bino that would beat them out IMOP. Lord knows they are expensive but they are worth the sacrifice. for a cheaper brand you might look at the Nikon monarch series. They easily beat out many other brands i compared them to and were very very bright in low light conditions.

take it easy
steve

I have Swaro and Leica and to me it's Leica...........but I do not own them in 8X....

I've got some Leupold roof prism 8x42 binos and I really like them (especially for the price). Compared them to the Nikons and liked the Leupolds better. While scouting for ducks, I ran into a guy doing the same with 10x Zeiss glass and we looked compared them and he even like my Leupold binos better than his $1,000 Zeiss glass (especially when I told him what they cost /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ).

I should maybe point out that I'm in South Africa - everything is a lot brighter and lighter here, from what I'm told.

Maybe under our conditions the difference is less apparent?

That was what it was like to my eyes.

In my opinion Pentax DCF HRII are WAAAAAY brighter than Nikon Monarchs. I've compared various different ones side by side under various conditions outdoors.

I think alot of Swaros are overrated. Dont get me wrong they are a quality brand, but i think there are alot of brands that do even on quality and lower on price. Swaros optics are really pricey, which makes me look down on it in my eyes.

IMO nothing comes close to the swaro's. I looked through everything made for 3 months before I made my decision and I never looked back. Buy Once and only once.

What you really need to do is compare binoculars side by side. If you can also in the conditions you'd like to use them, so look through your buddies at the range, or out hunting or whatever (just remember to focus them for your eyes - as in for each eye). That's really the only way.

I honestly love my Nikon trailblazer binoculars. Ther're unbelieveably comfortable around my eyes and the view they allow is stunning. if you're intrerested you might try here I was pleased with the results I had with them.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.