Best of the $100.00 +\- Chronograph?

gohring3006

I have checked out the archives with the custom search. And have found alot of mixed reviews on various $100-130.00 chronys. I was wondering which was preferred now that there is more time involved in the use. Thanks

I don't have a chrony yet, but I'm going with the new Caldwell because I can't afford the LabRadar or Magnetospeed. Looks like a good system and the reviews have been mostly 4 stars and above in all the literature that I have read. Good luck!

DocB

I have checked out the archives with the custom search. And have found alot of mixed reviews on various $100-130.00 chronys. I was wondering which was preferred now that there is more time involved in the use. Thanks

IIWY, for a few $$ more, I'd go with MagnetoSpeed Sporter | MagnetoSpeed

Yes, it does affect POI and has limiting factors of use compared to the traditional chrony but it's pretty slick and well designed IMHO.

Cheers!

Ed

IIWY, for a few $$ more, I'd go with MagnetoSpeed Sporter | MagnetoSpeed

Yes, it does affect POI and has limiting factors of use compared to the traditional chrony but it's pretty slick and well designed IMHO.

Cheers!

Ed

+1

I have one of the best and most costly chronographs and also the Magneto speed and find my self using the Magneto Speed most of the time because of its ease and the fact that it does not need light to work. It also gives true Muzzle velocity.

As far as the change in POI, even with the Ohler I don't worry about the zero, Just the ES and velocity.

It is well worth the money and if you shop, you can find the older models cheep because of the newer one that are out . (Everyone wants the latest version).

J E CUSTOM

I have a ProChrono Digital that has been used once that I will sell for half price. How ever, two of the diffuser rods will have to be replaced since they were clipped with a round.

Otherwise, I now use a Magnetospeed Sporter.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.