Best Chronograph

Discussion in 'Equipment Discussions' started by texasdave, Aug 21, 2009.

1. texasdave

texasdave Well-Known Member

I am looking for a chronograph and wanted to see what everyone would recommend .
    Thanks

2. Russ M

Russ M Well-Known Member

i have a Pact with the ir kit and love it has tones of features and easy to use the only thing i don't like is that i can't get a battery pack for the ir system as at my range there is no where to plug it in

3. Russ M

Russ M Well-Known Member

4. texasdave

texasdave Well-Known Member

Russ:
    Thanks for the info. Looking on their site they are located in the Dallas area so thats great. I can go see them.
    Thanks

5. Hairtrigger

Hairtrigger Well-Known Member

Save your pennies and buy a used Oehler 35P when you can find one.
    I cannot understand why other chronograph companies do not use a proof channel like the Oehler

6. rem40xb1

rem40xb1 Well-Known Member

Oehler 35P is outstanding and very accurate. Ross

7. Chief1942

Chief1942 Well-Known Member

Been thinking chronograph myself, but trying to find a used Oehler 35P for sale (without selling my first born) is like trying to find a $100 USO scope.:D

8. 30-338

30-338 Well-Known Member

I have had PVM 21 and it was stunningly accurate but seemed a little weak in terms of the connections ( I dont think it is really designed for field use and repeatedly connecting and disconnecting! IMHO) also VERY expensive so I am wrestling with what to do as well. I think I will go CED MilleniumII. Found one with the infrared kit for $300 Probably go that route ....... 30-338

My experiences with the low priced units is that they do funny things depending on the amount of sun and shade. Had a Chrony Beta Master and would never buy one of those again. Hope the PACT is NOT like that! I need one that will work every time and that is really a pretty elusive goal if you use them a lot. I have even thought about taking two to the range so when one fails I will have a spare! Check out the CED Millenium II

9. Russ M

Russ M Well-Known Member

i have fired some were around 100 rounds through my pact and i have had i think 1 or maybe 2 not read

10. Moman

Moman Well-Known Member

I've been trying to find a used Oehler for quite a while with no luck. Next best I think is the CED M2.