M700 rough chambering and scratching my brass!

Ingwe

A question for you all. My M700 chambers my loaded rounds roughly...meaning more force is required than my other guns. It's not as though I have to hammer the bolt forward, it's just a bit rough and sticky. Loading also scratches my brass and the loaded bullet as well. It does load and eject 100% though.

The gun itself is a trued Remage M700 action with Criterion Barrel in 7mm Rem Mag. I am using a Wyatt's magazine box, follower, and spring. The box does have a bit of play as it should I'm told.

I am thinking that maybe the front of the magazine box where it meets the barrel/chamber is rough?

Is this OK? Maybe so but I would just like to check in and see what you all think.

If not the mag box, stick a borescope in the chamber to verify it needs polishing. Check your bolt lugs as well.

Take and round the edges of your magazine box with a fine file or stone and emery cloth.... Can also bend the feed lips a bit here and there till it feeds nice...

I was thinking about that too. I'm going to try that

If not the mag box, stick a borescope in the chamber to verify it needs polishing. Check your bolt lugs as well.

Once the round leaves the magazine box it chambers easily so I'm pretty sure it has something to do with that

I've also traced brass damage to the action where the cartridge slides (top of cartridge, bottom of receiver). I remove my barreled action, and either draw file with jewelers files then sand with 220-400 grit sand paper and create a smooth chamfer/ radius which deburrs the receiver's sharp or burred edges the full length of the cartridge travel. We're only removing the sharp/burred edge and not trying to open up the the width of the opening, so that misfeeds are now a "new " problem. Just run your fingernail along the bottom edge of that milled cut along the bottom of the feed opening. You'll immediately know if your brass is digging in. If you have a stronger than factory mag follower spring, a smoother edge here will really be helpful.
You can try undamaged brass and clock it with a sharpie mark and see if its the bottom of the receiver doing the damage.
All M700's I own get this hand blend treatment, even if I don't change mag's to something better. Works everytime.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.