M700 ADL Stainless 7mag 1970's?

CogburnR

I was in the local gun shop picking up a belt for my Harley and they have a mid 70's M700ADL in 7mag on the wall for 350$

This thing has some kind of stainless barrel coated to look blued? Anyway I have been looking for a project gun for a while to do a 300 mag based 270(or something).

Were these any good and does the 7mm practical (7mm/300wm) reamer clean up a 7mm Remington mag chamber??

They made that varience for a few years, I have one and its a great rifle, and pretty accurate, with 160 grain bullets. Sub 1" consistently barrel does look a little odd but most of my rifles are old and ugly like me. I don't know about the rechamber however. I do have a later one with the coated SS barrel that was a 7mm B, and was rechambered to STW. Hope this helps.

The rifle was there on consignment and the owner accepted my lower offer due to the stock being cracked under the magazine well.

I will soon find out what it does. If anything it is worth what I paid for it.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.