Lyman 310 and Redding competition dies?

yooperchuck

Hi all. I am sorta a newbie to reloading. But not a virgin. Always willing to learn and share. I do have a question maybe someone can help me with. Has anyone ever used the lyman 310 press? I have a friend who started me reloading and he had one of the lyman 310's. I would like to be able to reload in the field. Last summer shooting at 300 yards got to be boring. I am looking to be effecient at 500 yards by this fall. Was wondering if the lyman/redding combo is feasable. I use a rockchucker supreme to reload at home....sorry about the long question.

Many of the old 310s required 310 dies if I remember right, started with one about 40 yrs ago.

If you want to load in the field just make a small wooden mount for a standard press and take it. many do that also.

I have a fold up press (Hood) that mounts to a fold up Black and Decker workmate table ($30)

BH

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.