LSS muzzle brake?

6mm

I will soon have a Remington LSS in 300 RUM. I'm interested in a muzzle brake and like the Holland QD and OPS Inc. I want the most recoil reduction possible. I think the Pain Killer would be good also if it works with this barrel contour. I don't mind having a brake that is larger than the barrel diameter at the muzzle as long as its within reason. I need advice from folks that shoot a barrel contour like mine. Thanks

Last edited:
I've tried several and now have the Pain Killer brake on my long range rig and I love it. It has the most reduction of any I've had.

If you're concerned about size and barrel contour just get hold of Kirby, tell him what you have and he'll let you know if a PK will work. Try one, you'll like it.;)

They sound great. I sent an email yesterday, so I should hear from him soon.

He's been hunting quite a bit lately so it may take a little bit but he will get back to you. I never could figure out why our smiths think they get to hunt too.;);)

Any opinions on the Holland QD or OPS Inc. with this barrel contour?

Just saw video of the Holland radial also. Any suggestions before I order?

I've never seen the Holland's radial but if it looks like what it sounds like holes on the bottom are not your friend.

Any one of the brakes you listed will do a great job. Kirby's, Shawn' and don't forget Nate's.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.