Lr or lrm primer for 300wsm?

the big greasy

I know the book calls for magnum large rifle primers, but up here in canada there are none around. Is it dangerous to use large rifle primers in a 300wsm, h3450 pushing a 180 tsx. Will be hunting in - 30s this winter. Thank you.

I know the book calls for magnum large rifle primers, but up here in canada there are none around. Is it dangerous to use large rifle primers in a 300wsm, h3450 pushing a 180 tsx. Will be hunting in - 30s this winter. Thank you.

Never had an issue with Large Rifle Primers in WSMs. Sometimes I can get better velocities with the LR than I can with Magnum.

Grain for grain, Magnum primers offer better velocity, but I've noticed sometimes they pressure out earlier in the WSMs.

Whereabouts in Canada is Grease County? And rule of Thumb in reloading...when it says magnum Try to use a magnum primer
Rule 2...rule 1 isn't really important until you are loading 80 GRAINS OR MORE POWDER!

I have one load for 300WBY 180 TSX and IMR7828 with CCI200 and one load 300WBY 180 Nosler BT, IMR4350 and Remington 9 1/2 Large Rifle (Non magnum). I have never hunted at your temperatures though.