Low velocity 7mm Bullets

7ultra

Placing the order for my 7mm BR got me thinking, what bullet would you all recommend for deer? I figure I'll be able to conservatively drive a 150gr bullet at 2400-2475 fps out of the 20" barrel. Conceivable shots with this number would be no more than 2-300 yards. I already load for a 7-08 and 7mm Rem, primarily 140 ballistic tips and 160 accubonds. Would either of these bullets be good for 2400 fps. If anything, I would think the ballistic tips would be well suited for the task (don't know how the accubonds would expand). Any thoughts and suggestions on a good bullet?

My opinion is the 140 BT would be a good fit. But also a 120 bt would be fine. I have a contender 7-30 waters and use a 130 grain sierra pistol bullet. This bullet is designed by sierra just for this application and it is a very very accurate bullet and would also be a great fit for your needs. (And like all sierra products it's priced really right!).

120 ballistic tip without a doubt /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

also, hornady makes/made a 120gn single-shot-pistol bullet designed for low vel.

JB

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.