Looking to see if there would be any interest in a book from ALLEN PRECISION...

Well,

After a long weekend, the rough draft of the book is finished and all picture and captions in place. Now we are doing the editing of the text in the evenings. This may take a week or so. Trying to make sure this just takes up time at nights but makes for some very long days. There have been a couple nights(mornings) that I got to bed at 2:30 AM just to get up at 6:00 and hit it again!!!

Happy with the layout of the book so far but it got alot longer then I was expecting it to be. The $30-$40 per book price was limited to 40 pages which I was not aware of. By the time I got everything done and talked about what I felt was needed, we were up to 94 pages!!! This will certainly add to the cost but I do not know how much at this point. If it gets to high, I may go back and do a 8x11 version that is much more compact then the book we just finished just to get the price down to where more would want to buy it. Will not make a penny on these, sell them for what they cost me, just a historical reference for 50 years down the road more then anything.

Anyway, hope to have everything done and submitted for printing in a week or so.

Will keep you all posted.

Put me down for one Kirby. You can just send it along with the 300 WSM if they are both done about the same time. If you do a display board, I'd take one of those too. You've got some serious cartidges there!!

I am particularly interested in the history of the 338 AX that I bought from you....haven't fired it yet, but eagerly looking forward to it once I get scope rings lapped and the new NF on it.

Is it the first 338 AX (other than prototype)? Curious to know the history. I'd also like to know more about the small bore stuff (7mm and under especially)............maybe another build??

Take Care Bud,

Shane

Last edited:
Kirby I had a heck of a thought, We could build you an awesome website, lots of pictures, some video's, a forum and have to figure out how to do the shopping cart thing and have the option to build your own gun, pick the options. Also include pictures of your crew. A person could do so much with a website. For all that work and pay for the web hosting I figure a great payment would be one of your new 338 Allen Mag or is it the 338 Allen Express??? I just know you did a big write up about it here recently.
Just wished I knew more about HTML. I have done it in the past but had some help from a friend. I think it would be one of the more popular websites on the internet. One of these days I will own one or two or 25 of your fine shooting weapons.
I know I sure have been doing alot of surfing of the forums since I got out of the hospital from my back surgery and now I want to go shooting, but the doctor says no not yet. dang it.

Put me down id like one also. And if it would come with a new rifle attached that would be better. LOL.

i'll take the first one in. i nice banner add here on the forumn would be nice, to facilitate quick and easy ordering! gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.