Any Interest in a Long Range Shooting Camp?

308's work. Just have to have a closer target, thats all.:D

I was going to bring one of my AK's along too. That takes a real close target.....

Like about 50 feet....:)

I would love to attend something like this...but not just for the shooting opprotunities. I, too, can streach things out here at home. For me it is spending time with good, like minded people. I have done lots of IBS 1000 national shoots. Drive up to 1500 miles...shoot all day, for several days, and spend each night sittin in the room. Just not much fun!! My best experiance is the 2009 event in Pella, IA. At least 30 of us stayed at the same motel/hotel. We sat in the parking lot drinking adult beverages, grilling steaks, and spreading lies till the wee hours of the morning for several days. Or this years 600 yard event is MS...a bunch of us found a small bar and grill and spread even more lies.

I guess the point here is , wherever and whenever it is, I would recomend that there be 1 central location where everyone stays....a hotel, a lodge, a campsite...wherever.

This is what will make this a memorable event.

Just my .02,
Tod

My best experiance is the 2009 event in Pella, IA.
This is what will make this a memorable event.

Just my .02,
Tod

Tod, Small world. That range at Pella. I took my Dozer over and did the dirt work for the Berm the benches were on.:) Back then I knew Gordy pretty well and donated some work there.

I agree the evening would be just as much fun as the shooting. About a week ago I talked to one of the owners of the lodge I started this thread with. They are still open to suggestions. So I have been thinking. I may do something like this.

This would be a catered event with rooms or cabins supplied.

Targets would range from rocks to some cut out life size game animals with ar500 in the vitals.

Distances would be from 500 yards to 2000 plus with most in the 800 to 1400 area.

I would spend the week prior painting aim points on rock bluffs, setting targets and such.

Also, Since I am a certified NRA instructor / range officer. I would hold an optional class the day before for guys getting started and then spend time with them in the field also. (this would be limited number so all get proper help) and would be at an additional cost.

I think 2 full days of shooting and 3 nights. That way a guy could travel in on the afternoon or evening, shoot two days and spend the night and head out in the morning.

Food as follows.

hot breakfast
sack field lunch
nice dinner in the evening.

Evening tended bar. Alcohol will be supplied but on a limited basis. I want to keep drinking to a social level, I do not feel this type of event is the place to tie one on, and I would police this. But a friendly beer or two is fine with me.

I need to firm up the details and get a price. This lodge will not be cheap. Neither will the caterer. But I will put this together and post prices. If we have enough takers we will do it. If not, we will call it a bad deal and knock it in the head.:)

Jeff gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.