Looking to purchase a VG condition Mark V 30-378

E, in 2002 Weatherby offered a model called Mark V Stainless. I ordered it in June specifying the HS stock over the Tupperware. No fluting or coating on the stainless, #3 26" barrel and the 2" brake. This model was made in Atascadero,Ca and has since been discontinued.

E, in 2002 Weatherby offered a model called Mark V Stainless. I ordered it in June specifying the HS stock over the Tupperware. No fluting or coating on the stainless, #3 26" barrel and the 2" brake. This model was made in Atascadero,Ca and has since been discontinued.

I have seen the term Tupperware....what does that mean? Was there a stock under the tupperware name?

I have seen the term Tupperware....what does that mean? Was there a stock under the tupperware name?
It's just a joke about how flimsy and cheap some manufacturer's make their stocks. You know how tupperware is inexpensive and flexible.....When a stock looks like it's made of cheap plastic and flexes, it's just a common joke to call them "tupperware stocks".

It's just a joke about how flimsy and cheap some manufacturer's make their stocks. You know how tupperware is inexpensive and flexible.....When a stock looks like it's made of cheap plastic and flexes, it's just a common joke to call them "tupperware stocks".

So what stock brands/models would deserve the "TUPPERWARE" moniker ?

So what stock brands/models would deserve the "TUPPERWARE" moniker ?
Pretty much any really flimsy and cheap factory synthetic stock. Best example would be a Remington 700 ADL stock. Go to a store, handle one, and you'll understand what we're talking about.

E, most rifle manufacturers sell some rifles with the black plastic stocks. These stocks are on these rifles for obvious reasons, they are very economical. Walnut and fiber composite stocks cost a lot more driving the retail price up rendering the rifle less desirable to price conscious buyers. I read somewhere the color black was researched as being most appealing to first time buyers. This forum is loaded with threads about replacement stocks and the flexing of the "Tupperware" stock affecting the accuracy.

E, most rifle manufacturers sell some rifles with the black plastic stocks. These stocks are on these rifles for obvious reasons, they are very economical. Walnut and fiber composite stocks cost a lot more driving the retail price up rendering the rifle less desirable to price conscious buyers. I read somewhere the color black was researched as being most appealing to first time buyers. This forum is loaded with threads about replacement stocks and the flexing of the "Tupperware" stockindk affecting the accuracy.

I understand and want to stay awy form them...I saw one that says weatherby on the recoil pad and also a W on the pistol grip...wonder who made that one for Weatherby?

I Really want the correct LOP and also a good quality glassed composite stock. From what I can tell the quality ones are McMillan, HS Precision and Manners....B&C is kind of middle of the road.

I understand and want to stay awy form them...I saw one that says weatherby on the recoil pad and also a W on the pistol grip...wonder who made that one for Weatherby?

I Really want the correct LOP and also a good quality glassed composite stock. From what I can tell the quality ones are McMillan, HS Precision and Manners....B&C is kind of middle of the road.
B&C stocks are excellent stocks for the money. Don't let their price scare you about quality. I have a bunch of rifles sitting in both HS Precision and B&C Medalist stocks.

B&C stocks are excellent stocks for the money. Don't let their price scare you about quality. I have a bunch of rifles sitting in both HS Precision and B&C Medalist stocks.

It just seems that some of the LOP on the B&C is a tad short...says 13 5/8. But measures more like 13 1/2"

Any idea who made the ones with Weatherby on the recoil pad and W on the pistol grip end?

It just seems that some of the LOP on the B&C is a tad short...says 13 5/8. But measures more like 13 1/2"

Any idea who made the ones with Weatherby on the recoil pad and W on the pistol grip end?
Probably some chinese or taiwanese injection-molding company. The same people who probably make those same style stocks for Remington, and everybody else who buys those cheap ABS plastic stocks.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts