Looking for the "right" rifle.

Ol Mike said: "Buy an American made gun -remington or savage -keep ''us'' working and you'll have the best."

well man, there is definately something to be said for that!!! Nothing wrong w/ Remington either.

I buy quality. There are some good american made guns but in the price range, Tikka has them beat. Tikka *guarantees* their accuracy. Let the american gun makers guarentee their rifles. The competition is good. I have a Sako and my next rifle will be a Cooper, both have guarantees and top quality rifles.

I second the 30-06, or 3rd or 4th. lol... most versitile one gun caliber ever in my opinion. Big enough to shoot anything on the North American continant. The only reason you will ever wish for a different caliber is because they are there, and no man can own too many guns?

Anyway, I strongly suggest the 30-06, and I don't think the Tikka can be beat for the money. Great trigger.

Have fun w/ it, Steve

Another thing to consider is the price of the factory ammo. Since you don't reload yet, you will be at the mercy of the retailers. My buddy doesn't reload yet, and his 300 Win Mag is costing him close to $50.00 per box of 20 shells (barnes bullets).

Add up how much you want to shoot in ammo costs and you might be surprised at the amount of $$ you'll spend!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.