Looking for Southern California shooters

rdsii64

I am new to this board and currently reside in Temecula CA. anyone in this part of the state interested in weekend shooting. I have been currently using the 100 yard indoor range in San Diego just to get some trigger time. I am interested in some outdoor stuff at longer ranges.

i could be easily talked into goin out and shooting. i used to go down to the jacumba area near the border alot. if we can still shoot there, the ability to shoot out to 1000+ safely is possible. but if you know of some areas near you i would love to check them out.
i am getting ready to bed a new stock for my rifle, but i should be ready to go sometime after the holidays. let me know.
later
alan

I'm in South OC and just picked up my Remington 700. I'm waiting for the UPS man to bring me my scope. So she'll be ready for the range in about a week or two. The only out door range I know of is Azusa.

But I'm not sure how long (range wise) that is? I'm looking to start small (400 yards and under) and work my way up. Let me know what you guys find.

You guys are making me homesick. I grew up in Azusa back when it was Orange groves and strawberry farms. Spent a lot of time around Hemet and Elsinore shooting ground squirrels. That was back in the 50's and things have changed around there a bit. The SGV Gun Club was where I did all my early bench shooting. Good luck on finding a place to shoot

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.