Northern California - LF other shooters

Revraz

I'm looking for other people that shoot in the Nor Cal area. I've found a couple of decent ranges and wondering of there are others here that go there.

Chabot Gun Club looks like a decent range with up to 200 yrd.
Livermore Rod and Gun Club is good for up to 100 yrd
Sacramento looks really nice and even has 1000yrd range
Solar Tactical has a private range, haven't been there yet but hoping too soon.

Any others to check out?

Sac valley has the most options. Qualified shooters can hit the 300yd public range. You must be a member for 1k range. It gets very busy in the mornings, no shade other than lanes, so it heats up out there.yolo sportsmans club is a nice little sleeper range, only 100yd rifle though.

The Livermore club is only 15 minutes from my house.

Their rifle range is really just setup for bench rest type shooting, so I could not do any "standing shots" like you might do in a hunt.

Are any of the ranges setup for "standing" ?

Thanks

Chabot's 200 yrd range is only open to public on Friday mornings. they do allow standing seated and prone shooting.

Sunnyvale rod and gun is a decent range, they have steal at 100yrds. I normally only go for trap

Depending on where you live San Leandro range is nice to have close to home.indoor range outdoor 50yrds and 100yrds(no 22 or FMJ's on 100yrd). but it is next to a dump so if your down wind it hold your breath.

There is an indoor range opening in Dublin on Dublin BLVD across the street from Big 5. I stopped there this weekend and they plan to be open after Memorial Day.

I am guessing that it will be mostly handgun / light duty rifle like .223 or similar, still any place to shoot is good.

I cannot remember the name of the place but it is for fishing and hunting. My son said - "well, we know where to find Dad". :)

There's also Field Sports Park (most people call it Metcalf, which is the road it's near) in San Jose. Mostly set up for bench shooting at 50 and 100 yards, although you can shoot positions at the end of the range. It also have a 200 yard range, but it's only open to the public one day per month (last Sunday of the month IIRC). It also has a pistol range.

+1 for Sac Valley, I shoot there weekly. Being a member also get you in on Wednesdays and Thursdays, it pretty quiet during those days. If you can shot a decent group at 100yrds they will clear you for the 300yrd lanes. The range masters there are good people and always willing to help you out. gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.