Looking for Opinions: Nosler Brass - Pre primed

cnuesmeyer

Dad taught me to always buy unprimed brass and use CCI Primers. However, I found some Nosler Brass that is factory primed.

I don't have experience with Nosler Brass but, I like their accubond bullets how is the brass quality? Do I need to concerned about their primers?

Context: 7mm remington magnum caliber

If it's a good buy and you can't find the brass anywhere else, you can always purchase and use your own primers. I've had good experience with Nosler Brass in 6CM.

A universal decapping die is only $15. Plus the odds the primer is bad enough to be a problem for the first firing of a case is minimal. There's a lot of brass moving around the first shot, so I wouldn't be concerned about it.

Brass-wise it's fine. I'd prefer a heavier alternative like Peterson, Lapua, or ADG, but I use Norma and Nosler in some cases. Fine for hunting rifles where it might take a couple years to shoot all 50 cases twice. The only way to know for sure is to shoot it and compare. If this is the only way to get to shoot, sounds like a perfect starting point.

Last edited:
a caution on bulk brass, not always as nice a boxed brass......just because it is a name brand does not mean excelence.

I use Nosler Brass in my 6.5 x 284 and in both 26 and 28 Nosler rifles. I have had no issues with it at all. Never seen it offered with primers in it though, that's a new one for me. Is it factory brass or are you buying it from an individual?

I bought 30-06, 300 WM, 300wby and a couple of others I don't remember now. All pre-COVID, UNprimed. Happy with all.

Using Nosler brass in my 300 Win Mag, no issues. Annealing every other firing and checking dimensions helps.

Recent Posts