primed brass

stxhunter

:confused:this might be a dumb quistion but if you accidently throw a couple of primed cases in the tumbler( i did this last night ) can i still load them or do i need to throw them out

I wouldn't load them after being in the tumbler. You never know if the primer has been compromised and you also don't know if the flash hole has been plugged.

Don't throw them out:):) Keep them, remove the primers very carefully, and they're good to go on to the next loading stage.;)

I've done a bucket full of them over the years and I just use my universal de-priming die. I just move the ram very slowly and ease them out. With the universal de-priming die you can feel the resistance very easily and also note if the primer pocket is getting loose as you don't have the resistance of resizing the brass at the same time. It goes without saying that you should be extremely careful. I've never had one go off but that doesn't mean it can't happen. Eye protection is mandatory. A friend of mine uses the same setup but he places a small plastic bucket over the die and press when he removes live promers.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.