Looking for dogging buddy/buddies. E/SE Iowa.

IAshooter

I am looking for at least one, but up to three guys who want to go shoot some Prairie Dogs with me for a few days just before, during, or just after Memorial Day this year. I have been going to the same area for several years now with one other guy and a buddy or two of his, but he now has/wants his own group, so I am hopefully starting another group of serious shooters, or even newbies who would like to start doing this to potentially do many years of this in the future. Must be easy to get along with.

Guys close to me would be preferred as it would be nice to so some BS'ing and shooting together before we go, but not absolutely necessary. I live in East/SE Iowa just SW of Iowa City. I met up with 2 guys from PA and another came from AR several years ago and we had a blast for a few days. I have access to some pretty darned good dog towns and I have shot over a thousand rounds in 2 days on a couple occasions, but plan on shooting up to several hundred rounds in 2-3 days at least. Costs are going to be several hundred dollars between travel costs, lodging, food, etc. Will discuss particulars FTF or on the phone. PM me ONLY if you are SERIOUSLY interested and understand the costs and are available in that time frame please. I'll include a few pics of my shooting set up while dogging last year and my reloading room. I shoot two 20 Practicals, a 223, and a 22-250 currently while dogging and I load all of my own ammo.

Attachments

• 2022 PD trip 1.jpg
    2022 PD trip 1.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 215
  • 2022 PD trip 3.jpg
    2022 PD trip 3.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 205
  • 2022 PD trip 2.jpg
    2022 PD trip 2.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 200
  • 2022 PD trip 4.jpg
    2022 PD trip 4.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 220
  • reloading room shelf 2.jpg
    reloading room shelf 2.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 206
I am looking for at least one, but up to three guys who want to go shoot some Prairie Dogs with me for a few days just before, during, or just after Memorial Day this year. I have been going to the same area for several years now with one other guy and a buddy or two of his, but he now has/wants his own group, so I am hopefully starting another group of serious shooters, or even newbies who would like to start doing this to potentially do many years of this in the future. Must be easy to get along with.

Guys close to me would be preferred as it would be nice to so some BS'ing and shooting together before we go, but not absolutely necessary. I live in East/SE Iowa just SW of Iowa City. I met up with 2 guys from PA and another came from AR several years ago and we had a blast for a few days. I have access to some pretty darned good dog towns and I have shot over a thousand rounds in 2 days on a couple occasions, but plan on shooting up to several hundred rounds in 2-3 days at least. Costs are going to be several hundred dollars between travel costs, lodging, food, etc. Will discuss particulars FTF or on the phone. PM me ONLY if you are SERIOUSLY interested and understand the costs and are available in that time frame please. I'll include a few pics of my shooting set up while dogging last year and my reloading room. I shoot two 20 Practicals, a 223, and a 22-250 currently while dogging and I load all of my own ammo.
What are of Iowa you talking about?
I'm in Arizona and daughter in New Liberty. Coming for a visit end of may or 3nd week in June. I mainly like shooting my .17 HMR on my RCBS RASS stand. Interested if you have and opening! 520-678-0041 Thanks Al

What are of Iowa you talking about?
I'm in Arizona and daughter in New Liberty. Coming for a visit end of may or 3nd week in June. I mainly like shooting my .17 HMR on my RCBS RASS stand. Interested if you have and opening! 520-678-0041 Thanks Al
The "area" we are shooting is in South Central South Dakota, not Iowa. No PD's in Iowa.

Are you shooting on the Res? We quit going there years ago due to their stupid rules. When they started requiring a "guide" was the final straw. Ours showed up an hour and a half late and had NO idea where to go. We ended up toting this guy around to all the (quite remote and generally never shot) dog towns that we had been shooting at for many years. He brought nothing with him and ended up eating our food and drinking nearly half a case of soda(we go out in the morning and shoot ALL day, eating meals in the field). Our group of shooters were from minnesota and are serious long range enthusiasts with several of us shooting TC Encores and Contenders. No more handguns on the Res, so that was another nail in the coffin for them. We used to spend an entire week there every year camping and supporting the local economy and restaurants, but they ruined all that with their nonsense. We shifted our hunts up to the Medora area of North Dakota. I now live in western South Dakota and have enough places to keep me in P-dogs. Just a shame what happened on the Res as there are some incredible spots to shoot dogs if you know where to go.

The "area" we are shooting is in South Central South Dakota, not Iowa. No PD's in Iowa.
Retired and can travel. I had a place in Wyo and when I contacted him the other day, he went and poisoned them out. I didn't think Iowa had them. I thought scare and about as far as Ok. Thought maybe you knew something that I did not. Will still stop in New Liberty, IA on the way back from Springfield VA after grandson's graduation for a day or two.

Are you shooting on the Res? We quit going there years ago due to their stupid rules. When they started requiring a "guide" was the final straw. Ours showed up an hour and a half late and had NO idea where to go. We ended up toting this guy around to all the (quite remote and generally never shot) dog towns that we had been shooting at for many years. He brought nothing with him and ended up eating our food and drinking nearly half a case of soda(we go out in the morning and shoot ALL day, eating meals in the field). Our group of shooters were from minnesota and are serious long range enthusiasts with several of us shooting TC Encores and Contenders. No more handguns on the Res, so that was another nail in the coffin for them. We used to spend an entire week there every year camping and supporting the local economy and restaurants, but they ruined all that with their nonsense. We shifted our hunts up to the Medora area of North Dakota. I now live in western South Dakota and have enough places to keep me in P-dogs. Just a shame what happened on the Res as there are some incredible spots to shoot dogs if you know where to go.
I have shot on the Reservation a few times and we had a bad experience with one of their "guides" one day as well, he was late and drunk as a skunk, but our outfitter made it right, but we now shoot on private ground. There are some **** good dog towns on the Reservation in places, but I agree, the stupid rules they want to establish is just hurting them, not helping.

I'd be interested if you have and opening! [email protected] Thanks Al

Ive been dreaming of doing this lately! Hit me up, I'd love to learn and shoot and have fun.