Looking for best tracking scope for 6.5 Creedmoor

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by 8andbait, Aug 12, 2012.

1. 8andbait

8andbait Well-Known Member

Hello, just got a new cooper 6.5 Creedmoor and have been running a Leupold 4.5-14X40 LR 30 mm tube with duplex reticle and MOA target turret.

What I am looking for is something in 12-16 max power range, decent glass, enough elevation adjustment to get me to 700 yards or longer and most importantly Excellent Tracking of the turret. Under $1000.00

I have been using Leupolds for a long time and really want to try a different brand, again the tracking is the most important thing.

looking for opinions of what you have used and recommend.

Thanks, Gary

2. Browninglover1

Browninglover1 Well-Known Member

The Sightron SIII will do everything you want, but it's a 6-24X. I absolutely love mine and it's going back on my Creedmoor when it gets back in October or November.

3. ICANHITHIMMAN

ICANHITHIMMAN Well-Known Member

Sounds to me like you already have one of the best scopes. Trade it in at Swfa and get what u think you need. I am running a mk 4 m5 right now I upgraded from a strait 10x mil dot. Leupold tracks, if yours dosent send it in and tell them it's not tracking.

4. 8andbait

It actually tracks very good, just tired of using the same thing year in and out, wanted to test the waters with a new brand.
    I keep upgrading from a vari x III to a VX III to a VX 3, because they have always been good to me but guess I am getting bored :)

I looked at the sightron and they seem great but didn't want the 24 power, may have to give it another look.

Thanks, gary

5. ICANHITHIMMAN

ICANHITHIMMAN Well-Known Member

Ior and busnell are my next buys. The mk4 is the only non hours r ectical I have left. Look at the busnell hdmr.

6. 42769vette

42769vette Well-Known Member

vortex 4-16 pst ffp or sfp

7. davewilson

davewilson Well-Known Member

i really like the Vortex 4-16 HS i have, it tracks really well. just going to also throw the soon to be released 2.5-17.5 Sightron in there. should be a great scope.

8. 8andbait

I went to the only local store I found that sold Sightron and they didn t have any at all, I asked the clerk if they had any and he said he sent a pair of binos in for a customer and sightron tried to get the customer to pay for a new pair. Who knows how much truth there is to that.

Sucks, cause I really wanted to look through one.

Going to look at the vortex again if I can find one locally.

This is what usually happens and why I end up with another leupold, which isnt the worst thing in the world either.

thanks, gary

9. bryguy

bryguy Active Member

I would look at these here:
    Zeiss - Camera Land NY

Look down towards the bottom and check out the demo deals. I would go with the 4.5-14x44 with the target turrets. Heck of a deal on a great scope.

As to Sightron, they are good scopes, never have heard anyhting but excellent things about their customer service.........

10. 8andbait

Thanks for all the suggestions, after looking at these on the internet, I think the best value would be a Vortex Viper HS LR or a PST in the 4-16X40.
    Most people say the tracking and repeatablility is very good. Comparing these with other scopes with the same features the Vortex seems like the best bang for the buck. I could get the HS LR for about $200 less than a comparable VX-3. Gonna see if I can find a used one in the classifieds.

Thanks again, Gary