Looking for a WY elk hunt

BCinKS

The wife came to me this weekend and said she wants to do a elk hunt for our 25 yr anniversary. I'm looking for a guided rifle elk hunt for 2018 . I will have 7 PP and she 3 . I'm normally a DYI guy but I want her to have a once in a life time hunt. Any good outfitters leads would be appreciated!

Butte Creek out of Cody. Excellent results and true wilderness experience. Plus, their policy is if you don't get a chance at least for a 5x5, they refund $500.

I have hunted with Bill Perry who owns Hidden Creek Outfitters a few times in the past few years and have been extremely happy with his service. He hunts the famous Thoroughfare region, which is on the very southeast corner of Yellowstone Park. It is truly a wilderness hunt and is not for everybody, but the elk are there.

Butte Creek out of Cody. Excellent results and true wilderness experience. Plus, their policy is if you don't get a chance at least for a 5x5, they refund $500.

Ron Lineberger at Butte Ck Outfitters is a clown in my opinion. The guy was tied into a sheep poaching incident in the early 90's. If I remember right, he lost his outfitters license for a number of years after that. Then last year a Ron Lineberger of Cody was found guilty for a variety of trapping violations, received a large fine, and supposedly lost his trapping privileges for 27 years. Guessing it was the same dude. Last hunt I did in the Thorofare, he was hunting in a drainage that was part of my outfitter's lease. My guide chewed his ***. It was fun to watch. He'd be the last outfitter I'd book with.

I have hunted with Bill Perry who owns Hidden Creek Outfitters a few times in the past few years.

I always thought Bill was a stand up guy. When we used to DIY hunt the Thorofare, he offered one time to let us stay at his layover camp and gave us tips on where to hunt in that immediate area.

I've never hunted with him, but I've heard good things about Bob Sundeen with Trails West Outfitters. Does anybody have firsthand experience with him? Good or bad?

I know Bob. He's a good man. I'm not positive, but I think he did, or, is trying to sell that Outfitt. Worth a call if he's still in it.

Hart of Wyoming Outfitters. Ken is awesome to hunt with and his wife Terri cooks some amazing meals. They hunt unit 120. Cell# 307-267-0990. Home# 307-237-0826

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.