Looking for a RF for bow and long-range rifle hunting

DSMITH1651

I bow hunt and rifle hunt and would like 1 tool for the job, of possible and I was wondering what you guys opinion on the right product would be.
I'm looking for range,
range accounting for angle,
lighted reticle,
and good glass.
Belistic calculator would be cool but not totally necessary

I have a Leica 1600b and if it had angle compensation it would be great

Thank you guys

Leupold RX 2800..fast...small...not really expensive....i bought leicas with rf...decided to stay with my RX and switchpower 10-17 binos....i really like the zoom...no guessing on critters...no extra weight of spotting scope.....

Your Leica 1600b has angle compensation, Leica refer to it as EHR or Equivalent Horizontal Range. When activated and you range an object the first reading is line of sight, then a couple of seconds later it will show a second shorter reading which is the EHR calculated distance.

Your Leica 1600b has angle compensation, Leica refer to it as EHR or Equivalent Horizontal Range. When activated and you range an object the first reading is line of sight, then a couple of seconds later it will show a second shorter reading which is the EHR calculated distance.

Yhe problem is you have to use it with one of their ballistic maps and they don't work well

When I had the 1600b I never used the pre-programmed ballistic curves. My rifles are zeroed at 100m and I would just dial up to the EHR that the Leica showed. My scope dial is marked at 200, 300, 400 and 500m to make adjustments easier.

Yhe problem is you have to use it with one of their ballistic maps and they don't work well
Have you considered running a Kestrel 5700 Elite W/ link? They have the applied ballistics solver built in which is excellent. You just laz the target and put the distance / angle into the Kestrel and it gives you your firing solution in mils or moa. It's pretty straight forward. I've been running one for a year now and love it. Another option is the Gunwerks G7 range finder. It will give you a firing solution while taking angle into account. A buddy runs one. Gave him dead on solution for a Elk at 702 last year that was at a considerable downward angle from his position. Good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.