looking for a new rifle

Not hating on anything BrentM, but I want a 243, not a creedmore. It's equally disturbing when someone suggests that because I'm not interested in any given suggestion, then I'm a hater. Not so.
Back up the boat. I didn't see anywhere in the original post you said you hated it. Others did. It was directed at the ignorance of people constantly bashing on a cartridge that has a proven track record. People get all spun about it and will choose a different cartridge for an emotional reason. Putting the bs aside and looking at factory options in a twist that will work for your application make the creed the only choice "I think". I looked at this a while back to see if I could locate a 243 with fast twist for a buddies daughter. Wound up with a 6 creed in a bergara. I just don't think you can get a barrel in the right configuration for your desires. That is why I said to go custom and then the 243 or 243ai makes sense. I have all 3.

I'm not a big fan of the Creedmoor cartridge either. I think of it as either a .260 Rem lite of a .243 lite. If I have to go to 6.5 cal, I'd rather shoot the 6.5-06, as it is MUCH more powerful, highly accurate, and fairly easy to hand-load. But the .260 Remington loaded to its potential in a fast twist barrel is also quite a bit more powerful and just as accurate as the Creedmoor. So is the 6mm Rem and the .243. The problem with factory barrels in both calibers is twist rate. But Shaw offers barrels in faster twist rates for both the 6mm and the .260, which means these larger casings can be used with the long-for-calibre bullets that are becoming popular. I got my .35 in a 1 in 14 twist just for heavier bullets. You can send one of your rifles to them to have it re-barrelled and head spaced or order their semi-custom rifle in their faster twist rate and get at least 100 to 150fps over any Creedmoor cartridge in the same bullet weights, with the same accuracy. I've seriously thought about having William Trotter in Colorado Ackley Improve both of my .35 Whelens, but I already get velocities over 2675fps from one and 2750fps from the other in two highly accurate loadings, and can hit 12" steel plates at 600 yards with both. One is a 24" Remington barrel and one is a Shaw 26" Heavy Sporter; 1 in 16" and 1 in 14" respectively.
Where did you get your data on the 260 and 243 being QUITE A BIT MORE POWERFUL? Do you own all these? I do, I don't see that at all. There is about 1 grain h2o difference in the capacity and the creed has an improved design, more efficient. The 243 and 260 are 60k and the creed is 62k. They very similar in performance. I see dang near the same velocity out of my 243 and 260 and as I do the creeds, but the creeds take a slightly less powder charge. I ran a 243 for PRS and did see about 75 fps more velocity on average but I destroyed barrels in short order at 3150 with a 110's.

If I were you I'd buy the savage storm with the mini chassis and put a custom barrel on it from shilen or the like, you'd be in the same price range;

Savage Storm or LW Storm $700ish
Shilen pre-fit barrel with 8tw $400

Total cost $1100.

@Lapuatom
Just thought of something that might work. Buy the savage 110 ultralite and sell the proof barrel. Order a x caliber carbon pre fit in the 243 or 243ai if they offer it. I have an x carbon it's dang fine barrel. I think you'd be a wash on pricing of the barrels. That proof would sell quick i'm sure. You could also go 6-284 if they have the reamer. One of the problems I see with 6mm overbore's is barrel life goes to crap in a hurry.

Back up the boat. I didn't see anywhere in the original post you said you hated it. Others did. It was directed at the ignorance of people constantly bashing on a cartridge that has a proven track record. People get all spun about it and will choose a different cartridge for an emotional reason. Putting the bs aside and looking at factory options in a twist that will work for your application make the creed the only choice "I think". I looked at this a while back to see if I could locate a 243 with fast twist for a buddies daughter. Wound up with a 6 creed in a bergara. I just don't think you can get a barrel in the right configuration for your desires. That is why I said to go custom and then the 243 or 243ai makes sense. I have all 3.
Cooper rifles offers rifles in this configuration. Now, just to arrange funding. Ty

looking to find a light weight, deer, varmint rifle in 243/243ai w/8tw bbl. Short of going full custom, would like to find a production piece in said features. Dont really mind paying for a higher end{Cooper,Bergara,etc} but unable to find what I want. Any help, suggestions much appreciated. thank you in advance.
Go to Academy or any Walmarts near you that still sell guns and buy a new or slightly used short action Savage with plastic stock. Can really be an Axis or an older Model 11, 16, etc. All you need is a barrel vise and an action wrench (I highly recommend a Defiance .700 rear entry), and a nut wrench for a 1x spend and you can sell them for most of what you paid of you choose not to keep them when you're done. Doesn't matter what caliber you pick, so long as it has a .473" bolt face (you can replace the bolt head for different sized faces, but you may have to replace baffles, also, and the brand new stuff doesn't track 100% with the older stuff, and some of it might not be available to buy. Better get it as close to what you need as possible). Go online and have Boyd's start on you a stock of your chosen design, call James at Northland Shooters Supply and tell him to send you a Criterion barrel in the .243 AI (he has them in the twist you want) with headspace gauges (atvleast a go gauge. You can cut a piece of Scotch tape to fit the head of the go gauge and use it as a no go.) Set your headspace the width of the piece of tape, get James to send you a trued barrel nut, also and a trued recoil lug unless you get an Axis, in which case it isn't needed. Get a small bottle of gray MarineTex epoxy for the Model 11 type (may not need any for the Axis), install the barrel good and tight on your action, bed it (or not for Axis) with MarineTex, and go shoot tiny bugholes...
20210704_235158.jpg
20210704_235145.jpg

Waypoint available:

$1799 at Cheaper than Dirt. I also realize now you want 243, sorry.

Where did you get your data on the 260 and 243 being QUITE A BIT MORE POWERFUL? Do you own all these? I do, I don't see that at all. There is about 1 grain h2o difference in the capacity and the creed has an improved design, more efficient. The 243 and 260 are 60k and the creed is 62k. They very similar in performance. I see dang near the same velocity out of my 243 and 260 and as I do the creeds, but the creeds take a slightly less powder charge. I ran a 243 for PRS and did see about 75 fps more velocity on average but I destroyed barrels in short order at 3150 with a 110's.
My 6 creed launches a 109 berger at 3093 fps with only 40.8 of h4350 in my prs rifle. The creed is just the easy button. I dont get all the hate but to each their own. I'm going to test rl-26 in it as a test for hunting purposes if I ever decided to build a ultra light in 6mm creed. I'm predicting a 109 at around 3250-3300 fps

My 6 creed launches a 109 berger at 3093 fps with only 40.8 of h4350 in my prs rifle. The creed is just the easy button. I dont get all the hate but to each their own. I'm going to test rl-26 in it as a test for hunting purposes if I ever decided to build a ultra light in 6mm creed. I'm predicting a 109 at around 3250-3300 fps
I run rl26 in my creeds, 6.5-284, and Prc.

I would consider a 6mm CM, one advantage being the option to select brass with either small or large primers, this might require necking down 6.5 CM to 6mm CM - expands primer availability. A large selection of propellants will work. Barrel size & length depend on physical fitness should walking be required. A 8 twist will work with 87 to some 112 grain bullets. I like #4 contours at 24 inches. Get close enough to deers and a .223 will kill them.