Looking for a good Synthetic gun Stock

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dave Tous, Nov 9, 2004.

1. Dave Tous

Dave Tous New Member

I am looking for suggestions on a good brand of synthetic lite weight gun stock.
    I have looked at two so far, Butler creek and Ram-line.
    [​IMG]

2. Pete Lincoln

Pete Lincoln Well-Known Member

Hi Dave, forget both, they ain't much better than the factory tupperware. what rifle is it for? if its for a Remmy 700 then check out ebay and get a HS precision stock. other wise a Mcmillan. Hogue overmoulded is a nice stock too, but get the full bedding block version.
    regards pete

3. preacherman

preacherman Well-Known Member

Dave... take a look at the McMillan "Hunter's EDGE Ultralight"... www.mcmfamily.com

4. Dave Tous

Dave Tous New Member

Pete,
    Thanks. I am a new member to this site and I am already learning something from it.
    I have two guns that I am looking for stocks for, both left hand. 7mm 700BDL
    and a new one from my girlfriend.I would really like to trick this one out. Don't really like the action It's a Ruger M77 300 Win Mag SS. Also looking for a good scope for this gun. Thinking of sending this off to have an Answer Muzzle brake system put on it.
    Open for Suggestions

5. Michael Eichele

Michael Eichele Well-Known Member

McMillan are very expensive, but worth every penny.

What is that trophy worth to you??

6. graphite

graphite Active Member

Dave,

Save your money and then call LoneWolf Rifle stocks and ask Bob Culberson what he can do for you. Absolutely the finest stocks I have ever seen and can be built as light as 12 oz. in a mountain type stock. 406 892-9653 Tell him I told you to call.