Looking for a good rifle stock replacement choice

Thanks...I'll check out the MDT's. Appreciate the responce.
FUnny I was just checking out the carbon hunting chassis b/c I may get one for my hobo recycled barrel cyborg build. Here is the link I can assure you it's just like everything else MDT sells top flight. I live on their ACC chassis they are amazing and my buddy who has this carbon chassis loves it. Folding is so choice he can backpack his rig it's ~ 8lbs total.

This I shall do. Thank you for your reply.

I was responding off the cuff from my phone, have a second to do a little more in depth.

You have a rem 700 short action, easily the most dominant stock pattern in existence. So much so it's becoming harder and harder to find stocks that aren't 700 footprint.

On the bottom metal front it's a matter of matching the cuts to the metal. Yours likely being standard bdl bottom metal. Nowadays the slightly more popular cut is the m5. It allows for bottom metal utilizing magazines, but companies also make a bdl style setup that fit a m5 cut. If you don't want the added cost of new metal your going to want a factory bdl cut stock.

After that it's matching barrel tapers, so you'd need a factory sporter, but larger would likely not cause accuracy degradation just a visual gap on the fore end.

After that it's a tough call on suggestions, my earlier posts were intentionally cryptic. Stock fitment choices and preferences vary as much as folks beauty preferences in spouses. Application and physical size can greatly change strong feelings about a certain stock. My main hunting buddy is almost a foot shorter than me, and wears gloves 3 sizes smaller. A stock he describes as "holding on to a 4x4" feels about right to me, while his favorite handle feels to thin and small like a child's play thing to me. So it's tough to give specifics.

Generally the sporter style stocks will be lighter for general hunting, and the vertical grip stocks dominate prone and bench/stand hunting. Granted carbon has brought the weight within ozs and several major companies make hybrid stocks now.

On the subject of makers, I'm not sure anybody out there genuinely makes a bad stock right now. Some are definitely better value for dollar, but no one is making lemons. Ag probably has the market dominance for that, but the price gap isn't as wide as it was years ago. Shell and core type (manners, ag, mcmillan, lone peak) stocks will generally be lighter than the mono density stocks(mcm outlander/bell and carlson/hs precision). But have an appreciable price associated with the weight loss.

The gun world is comparatively small and mom and pop. If you find one that catches your fancy, and you can't locate one locally give the mfg a call and see if they have shipped any to a gunsmith near you. Might be a little bit of a wait or drive, but it's worked for me in the past.

You might take a look at Pendleton Stocks. They are made by a company in Pendleton, Oregon. I do have about 3 of them and so far they seem to be decent. Good luck with your search.