looking for a good load for 7mm RUM

LRShooter7mm

I will be picking up a remington 700 xcr-rmef in a 7mm RUM. I have some 180 bergers id like to use with it and was wondering what others have found to work with the 180 vlds in a 7rum. Which powder to use or even any bullet selection if not the 180s i also have 168 vld and 168 ablr and 162 amax. Looking to break the 3000 fps with the 180s. Thanks for any and all help.

I shoot a 7STW that is pretty close. You should have good luck with Retumbo and N570. There are others but those two work great Do the bullet seating depth testing first at the lowest powder load first.

While I can guarantee you will get a lot more speed then 3000, it is hard to say if it will shoot the best above 3000 or right at it. I don't doubt you will see over 3100 before pressure.

jjw
ND

Might want to evaluate RL33. I have just started using in 28 Nosler and getting 3100+ with MOA accuracy with 177gr Hammer bullets. Good Luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.