Looking for 6.5x303 reamer

tbird1964

Looking for a 6.5x303 or 6.5 EPPS reamer[same thing]. I have been unable to find one anywhere and I know i can have one made but for something I may never use again I would rather just rent one if possible.
Thanks Bill

What does the 6.5x303 do special? I can't imagine being tied to the 303 case unless it's for a break action or falling block set up. What have you got going there?

It is a Martini action originally chambered for the 303 and I would like to use something that will feed into the Martini action with no problem and I happen to have a 6.5 barrel. The 6.5 Epps was very popular years ago and I thought that the chamber reamers would be everywhere and apparantly they are not.

Most reamers now days are built to order. Even the common calibers are rarely in stock. I would just call Cary at JGS and get exactly what you want. Most likely they have already done it.

I have already done that before I put this thread in. I am looking at a year wait. I would like to not have to wait that long if it is possible that some person has one stuck back somewhere.

JGS is 16 weeks. There is a difference and a reason for the wait. They are my preference.
PT&G is 5 weeks last time I asked about two weeks ago.

Go to the forum Canadiangunnutz.com. Ask about EPP there. He was a big time gun smith and dealer in Ontario years back and there will be more info about his reamers available here.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.