Lookin for Coyote opportunities in CO

coyotekiller5621

I am in the Army stationed in CO and am looking for some hunting opportunities to shoot coyotes and prairie dogs when I get back from Afghanistan. I am a do it yourself hunter and willing to travel around the state for predator/varmint opportunities that are low to no cost. Please advise.gun)

Are you stationed in the springs? There are a lot of good public access around here for coyote. Also out east as far as prairie dogs, most farmers / ranchers are more than willing to let you bang'em. Let me know and I can hopefully point you in the right direction.gun)

I am stationed in the Springs. I have a small prairie dog town near my house that I shoot on with my 17 HMR but it is pretty small and after a while the dogs don't want to play anymore. I have killed a few coyotes around my house but want to get out into some larger territory for coyotes. Currently, all i have are a marlin 30-30 (which I know is alot of gun for a coyote, I plan on buying something more subtle) and a Mossberg 500 tactical using #4 buck. My setup is a quivercritter motion decoy and a Johnny Stewart Predator caller. I should be back on great american soil sometime in March. I would appreciate any assistance. Thanks for posting.gun)

I, too, am staitioned in the Springs and have been trying to find good areas. I really want to hit up the mountains, maybe get lucky cat. I've gone out southeast of Fountain and had some luck calling them in but they never really gave me a good shooting opportunity. If you find anything out I would also like to be pointed in the right direction.

Chavo & Coyotekiller, There are so good areas up around the Divide / Florissent area. Also its a short drive from the Springs. Great chances at Bobcats as well. Any of the BLM and NF land offer good opportunity. Also we use to just go out east knocking on doors. You would be supprised what opportunities await you. Just about everyone we ever asked let us. Also the home town cafe's out there are a great place to start. Because everyone knows each other. Hope this helps.gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.