Look what I found yesterday.

LGS has H4350 for $43/lb. Lots of other selections as well but I didn't spend much time taking inventory. I'm currently burning thru a lot of the H4350 right now.

IMG_5661.jpeg

Scheels today had 1 lb bottles of Retumbo for $50.99 Not great but fair. I bought one. About 8 more on the shelf. I have 3 lbs more, but 2 guns I load for eat Retumbo in 100 gr bites...... I like 8 lb jugs better. I *think* the hoarding is easing. I am guilty as well, not overtly trying to make a buck as much as "gee, look there, its available" and bingo another 8lb jug of something.......

Good to see them hitting the shelves. We the heat we had and limited supplies, I have not been to an LGS in a long time. Next time he emails me he has SP primers I visit

I don't see any opportunities in my near future for any hunts where I will need something special. I might harvest one doe a year, .243, .270 or 30.06 will work for the harvest. Heck even the .223 will for these little Texas deer. I only need 5 rounds. 3 to confirm zero and two for the hunt, just in case.
If a real hunt came along, I have 200 rounds 300WBY loaded with Nosler AB and PT (half and half) all with RL22.
For now I just keep playing with 22LR, both pistol and rifle. Heck, I can shoot 5.7x28 in a rifle for the same price as 5.56 and its more fun.

Recent Posts