Look what I found yesterday.

I don't see any opportunities in my near future for any hunts where I will need something special. I might harvest one doe a year, .243, .270 or 30.06 will work for the harvest. Heck even the .223 will for these little Texas deer. I only need 5 rounds. 3 to confirm zero and two for the hunt, just in case.
If a real hunt came along, I have 200 rounds 300WBY loaded with Nosler AB and PT (half and half) all with RL22.
For now I just keep playing with 22LR, both pistol and rifle. Heck, I can shoot 5.7x28 in a rifle for the same price as 5.56 and its more fun.
Have you reloaded any of the 5.7x28 ? If so which brass did you find to be the best ?

Have you reloaded any of the 5.7x28 ? If so which brass did you find to be the best ?
I have not. I collected a lot of my FN brass. I have the dies. But all my research said, load for rifles, do not load for pistols. My understanding is the "brass" is coated with something. So you need to be careful cleaning it. I built some rifles about 10 years ago. One for each of my kids. They are fun to shoot. I have only shot FN ammo

I have not. I collected a lot of my FN brass. I have the dies. But all my research said, load for rifles, do not load for pistols. My understanding is the "brass" is coated with something. So you need to be careful cleaning it. I built some rifles about 10 years ago. One for each of my kids. They are fun to shoot. I have only shot FN ammo
Did you build bolt guns ? I have seen semis but do not know of any kit to build a bolt gun ? I would love to have a bolt gun in this caliber. I would think it would make a good varmint gun. I did see Savage made a bolt gun a few years back. I never knew that. I bet finding one today is going to be tough. lol

Did you build bolt guns ? I have seen semis but do not know of any kit to build a bolt gun ? I would love to have a bolt gun in this caliber. I would think it would make a good varmint gun. I did see Savage made a bolt gun a few years back. I never knew that. I bet finding one today is going to be tough. lol
No, I built AR57. They take the FN 50 round magazine flat on top. Empty's drop in the bottom. You take an AR 15 magazine, remove follower and spring and it catches all your brass. I have one First gen for me and second gen for my kids. They were the first to come out with the upper or complete rifle. Its a great fun rifle. I always collect my brass, but I don't think I will reload for this one. I'd rather use the primers on other cartridges.

I think all these places have been smoking something and need to support their habit.
I think we are in a bubble right now due to the supply/ demand imbalance. Once people get off the buy everything they see mood if supply gets better the prices should moderate. I bit of a recession and/or a conservative mindset in Washington would help pop the bubble.