Longest .22lr shots

I once got a sub-moa group at 200 yards with a Marlin 15 and open sights. Never tried it again for fear of ruining the novelty of it. I put a small metal plate on a large board and aimed at the top of the board, just luck I guess.

My longest shot has been 300 yds. 21 shots all on 8" paper plate, a few grouped pretty well. My best LR .22LR shot was my 200 yd. bullseye. There were some pretty tight groups in that attempt. I have had 1.5 MOA groups at 100 yds.All off hand,with a sling wrap, seated (elbows on knees) or prone on my hunting pack. So far my Marlin 925R is the most accurate .22 I have.
My best kill was a groundhog at 150 yds. back east on my uncles horse farm. Hit him dead in the chest standing on his hind legs. This was with a Marlin lever action.

Dang, those are some long shots. I never think of a .22lr killing at those distances. I need to get a better scope on mine. :D
Maico, What cartridge did you use for the 310 hog?

Dang, those are some long shots. I never think of a .22lr killing at those distances. I need to get a better scope on mine. :D
Maico, What cartridge did you use for the 310 hog?
The Russian steel case ammo with the rooster on the box...about 1080FPS out of my rifle.

So under 1150 fps.? Correct me if I'm wrong, once the bullet drops below supersonic it loses fps. more rapidly than a rd. fired subsonic. Therefore loses trajectory and consequently accuracy.

@ 250 yard crow w/ my CZ (totally lucky shot however!!) bigtime kentucky windage! any one can get lucky once in a while lol!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.