longer range 6mm bullet?

bullfrog

I have a 6mm/284 with a 1 in 10 twist and currently shoot 87 v-max bullets 3470fps. This combo works very well out to 600 yards but starts getting inconsistent past this. Anyone have a recommendation on a bullet better suited to the longer ranges that will still stabilize in my slow twist?

the 90g Berger boat tail would be the only one i would think would work in the 1-10 twist. With pushing them fast you might get the 95g VLDs from berger to work. The reccomend a 1-9 but with the extra volcity you get they might work. If you try the 95s dont try to group at 100yards. They will not stabelize in that short of distance.

Depends on the throat, but Randy Robinette sells some super FB bullets that are top notch accuracy wise.

He has a 95 that will run in a 10 twist, but you have to have a long throat. The pressure ring must be set in the neck of the case.

google him or go to BR central and PM him.

BH

My 6mm/284 with a 10 twist Shaw didn't like bullets larger that the 85 gr Sierra Game King. That was my antelope bullet for this rifle and it was a good round. If for some reason your rifle would let you, the 107 SMK is a great bullet and I have taken it to 1000 yards. Expansion on game to 700 is awesome from my 8 twist 6mmBR. But I doubt the 10 twist will stablize it.

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.