Long range winter bull tahr!

Awesome video!! Looks like you earned that one. Congrats on the success of a beautiful animal. One thing...........you drive on the wrong side of the road ;)

Last edited:
Great video. I have been fortunate to visit NZ's South Island and it is a beautiful country. Look forward to going back for some hunting.

Film #50! This time, a friend and I went in search of a good Winter Bull Tahr skin and head, and managed to secure one with a 485 metre shot! Enjoy!

Congrats on a wonderful Bull Tahr and superb job on the video. You did a great job of giving us an idea of what a hunt is like there from start to finish and did a good job of showing the work and patience involved.

A big Bull Tahr like that would be an absolutely once in a lifetime dream animal for me. If I can figure out how to get it done I'd love to make a trip down there one day for Tahr and Red Stag.

I hate to admit though but I'm not sure I'm man enough to pull it off even if I got there anymore but if I were to die of a heart attack in the trying I'd go to my grave smiling.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.