another long range bull!

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by goodgrouper, Sep 21, 2009.

1. goodgrouper

goodgrouper Well-Known Member

Darn it. Typed up a nice story to go along with this thread and when I went to post it, this damn server had logged me out and I lost the entire thread!!! Len, this sucks! Logging in twice to type one post stinks. I wish we could go back to the old format of a few years ago! Now I only have time to put up a paragraph and some pictures.

Bull number 2. Five days later. 670 yards. One shot, one kill. Much nicer bull. Used the 300 grain SMK instead of the 225 AB. Mushroom found on opposite side just under hide. No bone encountered. Nice wound channel through the lungs and big shock to the vitals.
    Happy hunter. Sore muscles.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. kiwi3006

kiwi3006 Well-Known Member

Nice bull, you are certainly earning your keep!!

Stu.

3. Michael Eichele

Michael Eichele Well-Known Member

GG, youre killing me here. Stop showing me pictures of nice bulls. I have a baby in the house now and cant afford to go elk huntinig like I used to!

FWIW, nice bull. Congrats! :)

4. iSnipe

iSnipe Well-Known Member

If I think I may be typing a long post, I open up a word processor or notebook on my desktop and save it. Then that way if something happens, you have the original copy.

Nice pictures. I love his symmetry. Looks great! 2 thumbs up!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

iSnipe

5. Slopeshunter

Slopeshunter Well-Known Member

Beautiful bull! Congrats to all.

X2 on the notepad/word. Copy/paste. Way less frustrating.

6. eddybo

eddybo Well-Known Member

AWWW man when I saw your post I was looking forward to a good story. If you get a chance please share with us, I feel cheated darnit. That is a good looking bull congrats.

7. 7mmRHB

7mmRHB Well-Known Member

Congrats, Blair, good shootin' and a good Bull ( and a bunch of good friends ) You've waited a long time for this tag and you did yourself proud !!! It doesn't hurt to have GG and the Thunder around when you need to go long. LOL!!!

We need to start calling GG , Paladin, and get business cards printed up that say, Have Gun, Will Travel !!!! The ol' Thunder has added up a lot of yardage in the last few years!!!

Great job Grouper, as always!! You have "unselfishly" helped a lot of folks get the Job done over the years !!! -------- RHB

PS-- please rewrite the story on Word and paste it here for us. I'm sure everyone is interested in hearing the tale.

8. jmden

jmden Well-Known Member

Wow, GG. Nice bull! Great shooting.

Write the story out again!

9. Franklin

Franklin Well-Known Member

Nice bull! How come you guys didn't cape him out? Hell, even if you don't mount them, there cape is still worth $100.00.

10. sambo3006

sambo3006 Well-Known Member

Way to go GG! Another happy hunter!
    What will he score? Maybe 340+? A shooter in my book for sure. I have 6 elk points now for Utah, can't wait until I draw a tag for a crack at those big bulls!

11. Festus

Festus Well-Known Member

It just keeps gettin' better. Looking forward to the long version when you get time. Thanks for the primer and pics.

Festus

12. shootinfool

shootinfool Well-Known Member

very nice. The kind of pics you sit and drule over for hours. thanks for the pics!

13. HUAINAMACHERO

HUAINAMACHERO Well-Known Member

Congratulations GG, was expecting to see a thread about a long range elk kill from you.
    +1 with past posts: please rewrite the story, it looks like we all enjoy reading your hunting threads.
    Great buck, thanks for posting.

14. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

Congrats and thanks for sharing.