Long Range Rendevoux-----PHOTOS ADDED---SEE POST#72 for details

Did you just take those pictures? If so it's good to see there isn't much snow left on the flats. That means the chucks will be out.

Yup, just took them this morning. And speaking of those alfalfa stealing varmints, i saw some in Shoshone the other day...................

Randy

I've shot some down along the snake already and I'm going again tomorrow. Doing my part to help the Idaho farmers. :D

BTW I've seen a few fields up your way where about the first 30-50 feet in from the edge of the field was mowed flat and the rest was normal. I'd imagine that would hurt the pocketbook a little bit.

You know, it is amazing how much damage them little critters do. We have one local farmer who lets us eradicate them but we hardly put a dent in them and they literally eat acres and acres of alfalfa.

Randy

If he really needs help let me know. A friend of mine and I have killed a few areas off in the past. Not a good thing if you like to shoot them but it is for farmers. In a few areas we've shot over 150 in a good weekend and a few times over 200. That put's a dent in the population in a hurry. I went 12 for 12 last time on chucks and 1 for 1 on pigeons.

Randy , I'm in Caldwell, will the ground squirrels still be out in June up there? Are there places to park an RV? That could be a real good time. Dave

Dave, yup, the squirrels will be out (as long as it ain't snowing---you never know up here) and yes, there is room on the property for some RV's.

Randy

Well, I wished it was starting. There was just not enough interest in order for me to put it on. I'd still like to do it----I think it is a great concept.

Randy

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.