Long Range in AL or MS

Discussion in 'Shooting Ranges - Places To Shoot' started by skywalker, May 28, 2009.

1. skywalker

skywalker Well-Known Member

Anybody have any ideas where you can stretch out a shot in AL or MS? Not having much luck finding a place.

skywalker

2. BigDaddy0381

BigDaddy0381 Well-Known Member

I hunt in weedowee ala and I use my hunting land to get out to (800) I can go further but just for practice. you might want to find a farm and do a few add and ins for the use of a field or 2. We are going out shooting this saturday so might be short notice but maybe we can set up another saturday and you can join us or something. send me a pm if your interested.

3. Crane

Crane Well-Known Member

Maple Ridge Gun Club in Cullman Alabama has a rifle range to 500 yards, pistol and sporting clays. Golf carts for your use. Open on weekends and will open during the week if you call ahead. Nice people.

4. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

I am sure Ft Benning, Ga has a 1K range for the sniper school. It is probably available for civilian use on some weekends. There is a law that the military has to allow civilian access to the rifle ranges. Just tell'em I said you could shoot and I'm sure they will salute and say "All The Way".

Fort Benning Sniper School

Its been 40 years since I was there but the Black hats still run the jump school so I guess things are pretty much the same.

5. porkysan

porkysan Member

1000 yard range in Pascagoula, MS. Need to be a member or competing in a comp to shoot.

6. out front

out front Active Member

600yd range in Ft Rucker that is open to the public (you'll just have to register what guns you want to shoot)

7. libertyman777

libertyman777 Well-Known Member

There's a monthly match down at Auburn that shoots out to 1000. I'm planning attending this year. As I understand, you can come with a good one hundred yard zero on the Friday before the match and get some spotting/coaching help.

5th HardRock Match of 2011 - Sniper's Hide Forums