private SW MS 900 yds range

Down in Pike County between McComb and Brookhaven. The lane is really less sheltered than you would imagine. It is surronded by plantation pines that have just been thinned and the wind seems to funnel down the lanes. Thank goodness we dont have that much wind to begin with. I seldom have more than one MOA of correction for wind at 800. Several forum members come shoot with me on a semi regular basis, and you are welcome to come shoot if youd like. I leave a standing offer cause a lot of folks around here cant find anywhere to shoot longer ranges, too many rolling hills and pine trees. I find that I learn a lot from having other shooters out so I benefit a great deal from the circumstances.
I just got a lead on a place to shoot a mile in your area. If it pans out I am going to be heading that way as soon as deer season ends.
Right now I am not shooting too much because I hate to run the does off the range.

I have sure enjoyed eddybo's range several times this year! its a nice place and very nice of him to share his blessings!! Thanks Eddybo!!!!!!

Finally got my tables and a good start on my reloading room. I have been trying to get this done for almost a year, but with hurricane construction carpenters have been hard to come by.

GetAttachment-1.jpg

GetAttachment2.jpg

Eddy,

I live in Magnolia and have been looking for a place to shoot further than 100y. Was thinking of joining Palo Alto Gun Club in Donaldsionville, LA, but that is a long drive. May I come up and meet you sometime and maybe shoot?

Thanks,
Tom Young:)

Tom is tomorrow too soon for ya:)

The wife loves the range, it keeps me at home. I am here most all the time, when I am not at work. My work scedule is pretty flexible so I am here a lot during the week also. Just give me a call on my cell phone whenever you get ready to shoot 835-6811.

You should go to Donaldsonville for one of thier 600 yard f-class matches. They are shooting tomorrow, but it doesnt count for classification so I am sticking around to shoot steel at 800 and break in a couple of new barrels. There is also one up in Bogue Chitto on the fourth Saturday of each month.

I have to be done shooting by about 2 during deer season though. The wife makes me go hunting about 3.

Man you got the greatest wife ever !! Mine will hardly let me out of earshot for more than an HR.
Have you got a decent 308 reamer up their?

I have a real vintage antique 308 reamer I got from Don. He doesnt have a clue where he got it. I have cut 2 chambers with it and it does a good job but since I have been using a seperate throater I have no clue as to the throat.

hey eddy, i'm new to this board & i saw your posts, i would love to have my own place to shoot so I can appreciate how much you must enjoy your range, its hard to find a place to shoot in alabama past 500 yards [i go to 6 or 7, 1k yd matches year] but i am always looking for a place to shoot out to 1k more often. i just picked up a sako trg 42 in 338 lapua magnum and i am looking for a place to shoot it out to 1k. any chance i could come by your place some time, meet you and see if i could shoot my new toy at your place? thanks in advance, larry

Larry someone is usually here every afternoon shooting. Anytime you want to come shoot just give me a call 601-835-6811

hey eddy, that is the nicest invitation anyone has said to me for a while now :D, i would love to shoot at your place. i have to be out of town for work tomorrow and part of next week but next weekend or the weekend after i would like to try to plan to make it out to your range to shoot my trg 42. can i give you a call later this upcoming week when i know what my schedule can be? thanks in advance, larry

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.