Long range chucks :-)

I alread
Suggestion on the 260AI. Throat it, and twist it for the heavies and a "medium" action and shoot chucks to a grand or more. :)
I have a barrel I got on trade alreay. 1-8" Rock Creek. I'll put it on a Rem 700 SA which has a 22-250 barrel on it's last leg.

I alread

I have a barrel I got on trade alreay. 1-8" Rock Creek. I'll put it on a Rem 700 SA which has a 22-250 barrel on it's last leg.
Great. To take advantage of that case capacity you may have to single load (if you shoot the heavies) you have the right twist, so maybe have your Smith throat it for up to the 156 Bergers to give you some options.

Great. To take advantage of that case capacity you may have to single load (if you shoot the heavies) you have the right twist, so maybe have your Smith throat it for up to the 156 Bergers to give you some options.
I probably won't be loading 156 in it. I'd only load them for elk and I have different rifles I'll put into play for that.

Single loading is fine for targets. I do that all the time. But I make all my ammo ready to load from the mag. For me a follow up shot is an absolute necessity.

Good times! I like it when everything comes together. A fine rifle, capable optic, tuned handloads and an unsuspecting chuck.
It feels good! I've been working on that 25-06 for over a year to get it dialed like my 223s. One of my hunting buddies who is also my gunsmith and I challenge each other on long range shooting. He as a 6.5 Swede that he connected with a chuck at almost 1100 yards so now I need to find one that far as well. (hopefully my rangefinder will work at that range)

8301F519-EC3B-42AA-B8D6-62BF55D7D570.jpeg
My longest groundhog, 1402 yards. Purpose built 7mag shooting 180 grain Berger HVLD's.

Recent Posts