Long range .223 Scope?

backwoodsboy

I am about to purchase a .223 strictly for long range shootin and coyote hunting. I would like to find a good long range scope and not break the bank.. Im a younger man and on a fixed income so i really would rather not spend more than 200.00 on the optics for this rifle but i also would like to have some dependabillity. Please give me any info or links that would help me out. Thanksgun)

I have the Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24x50T and it works just fine. SWFA has good prices on them as well if I remember right.

I am about to purchase a .223 strictly for long range shootin and coyote hunting. I would like to find a good long range scope and not break the bank.. Im a younger man and on a fixed income so i really would rather not spend more than 200.00 on the optics for this rifle but i also would like to have some dependabillity. Please give me any info or links that would help me out. Thanksgun)
Check out the -- Brown D97 rifle scopes - Its a 4x12x40 with adjustable parrallex out to 300 yards or more. I have one its great for those long shots and on 4 power good for deer in the woods if you use it on a varmit/deer gun.
But on my 223 its fine for varmiting. It cost about 150 bucks. About 3 weeks ago I shot a coyote at 290 yards and it was on the mark he fell over and got up made it 50 yards and that was it, the 55gr sp winchester bullet went right though him. I hit him in front of his right front shoulder and it exited behind his left front shoulder. The velocity of my hand loads are about 3100 fps. I shoot milk jugs for practice filled with water at 350 yards and that 55gr bullet goes though them out there. Later Jimbeam4

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.