long action question

Yes, the Browning A-Bolt II action fits your description. I have had 2, one got stolen years ago, and I still have one that I built a custom with.

As for smoothness, it doesn't get much smoother than a worked and blueprinted A-Bolt II action. The 60º bolt-throw is also nice.

I have a Curtis Custom Axiom here for a build. Its similar weight to a rem 700, but the best running 3 lug I have handled.

I like the Fierce actions. I have no clue on the weight. They do sell them as a separate component. I can't speak about them from a gunsmith stand point but they are super smooth.

I was using the A-Bolt actions for quite a while until I finally got my Curtis actions. Now I order from Curtis and build on those for a very smooth actioned rifle.

My Long Action, 3 three lug Cooper 52 not only has very light cycling, but the fit in the raceways feels like it's running on ball bearings. After 7 years, 800 rounds, and dozens of deer, antelope, and coyotes at long range it continues to effortlessly produce sub .25MOA performance. I have been very impressed with this rifle.....chambered in 6.5x284.
Took this whitetail at 754 yards a few weeks ago with it.

Attachments

• CDC681A0-448E-4E44-8E76-01F671F66F9E.jpeg
    CDC681A0-448E-4E44-8E76-01F671F66F9E.jpeg
    917.2 KB · Views: 108
The A-Bolt Titainium. Used rifles though are kinda spendy. The Curtis looks fantastic @ a price similar to a used Browning ti. Add in that it fits remington parts tough to beat.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.