loads for 270 WSM

DCGS

Official LRH SPONSOR
I know this has been covered before but lets here your pet loads for the 270 WSM. It seems that the IMR 4350 is a good choice but has anyone tried H 4350. Thanks for the help. Dan

62 gr of RL-19 under a 140 gr Nos Accubond with a Fed 215 primer.
My dads rifle likes 61gr
My cousins likes RL-19 also. 61-64 gr seems to work great in most in the ones I load for.
All 3 are Win Model 70's. Two fearherweights, & one Coyote. All shoot sub mos with my .683" 5 shot group being the largest. @ 100.
We LOVE this combo.

Also got IMR 4831 to work great with 150 gr SST's in both featherweights, but we all 3 setteled on the Accubond. Hey, Nosler is right down the road from my house:D

I like 66gr Retumbo for 165gr Matrix, 68gr of Retumbo with 150's, 71 gr Retumbo with 140's and R17 with 110 gr bullets. Haven't seen much point in 130's so haven't loaded enough to have a load for them, all loads with Fed 215's. Most of the loads are middle of the road to spicy :D I've found 4350 shot well just didn't give me much over a 270 Win and that just won't work, Magpro was the best for velocity but I've never been able to hit an accuracy node with low ES with it. Retumbo give me velocity and very low ES.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts