Load for 7WSM w/ 140NBT and RL-22???

Coues100

Data is still scarce out there for the 7WSM. Anybody have a load for 140NBT and RL-22? Thanks, Mark

Try here
Reloaders Nest

H-4831SC 71 grains MV3200 KE3184 Barrel Length 26.0 OAL 3.365 THIS IS A MAXIMUM LOAD REDUCE BY 15%.

Nosler loading data

Try 60 grains of Re22 work up to 65 grains in one grain increments then working carefully up to 70 grains as max load using .5 grain increments, note pressure signs and bolt lift as well as ejector marks and primer cratering.
Use caution and watch for over pressure signs or watch for best group if group size is most accurate at lower amounts of powder then stay at that weight of powder if not then continue on to 70 grains being very careful!!!!!!

66.7 gns WXR (same as RL 22) behind the 140 gn Nosler BT is an accurate load in my rifle and gives about 3130 FPS .Heavier loads were less accurate .
66.5 gns AR 2213SC (H 4831 SC) gives similar velocity and is a little more accurate . My model 70 featherweight will group 5 into around 0.8 with this load .

[ QUOTE ]
WXR (same as RL 22)

[/ QUOTE ]
Where did you get this information? I have read this before in forums but haven't seen any actual information to support this statement?

Samspade ,
Can't remember where I read it . One of my loading manuals show virtually identical loads and velocities for the 2 powders though . As far as I can tell it's true .

Thanks guys for the info. I've worked up to a max of 68 gns. It shoots pretty good. Abt 1/2-3/4" (7 shots) I consider that pretty good. I guestimate the vel @ abt 3200.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.