Load development scope

DADSGOTTAHUNT

I'm looking for recommendations for a fixed power scope for use during load development. It will be used on several different rifles and may even be loaned out some. I am considering a Weaver T-36 due to the price point. Is there anything else in that price range or slightly more that I should consider?

The SWFA super sniper line. 6x, 10x, 12x, 16x or 20x. They are build very well, track extremely well and can take abuse. They run $300.00. I have five of them and also a 3-15. I can't say enough good about them. They have always held zero and return to zero.

Thanks I have a 10x super sniper and several Vari X 3s. Most are 4.5x14 but I do have one 8.5x25. What I'm looking for is a target scope that can be used just for load development. Needs to be higher magnification with a fine cross hair and able to hold zero. I feel most of my hunting scopes are holding me back as far as being able to shoot tight groups do to reticle size and magnification.

a weaver T 36 with a fine cross hair should work for your needs. They're sold regularly on the accurate shooters forum. Lots of manufacturers have fine cross hair scopes.

Unless you just want to buy another scope, save the money and use what you have. Try a different (more definitive) aim point, I use the corner of a square. You can line it up with one of the 4 "corners" of your reticle intersection.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.