Scope & load development choices

Clndesl

Ok Im looking for some advice on who I should send my Remington 300 WM 700 PSS to install a scope and dial it in. My 2 choices are Gun Werks and Best of the West. They are the only two companies that offer scope dial in and load development. If I go with GunWerks then I will be doing the Vortex HS LR 4-16x50 scope and if I decide to go with Best of The West then I will go with the 5x20x50 Huskemaw Blue Diamond. what are your opinions of the two companys and two scopes. Im looking to use the gun for long range elk deer and antelope hunting. Thanks

Not to take business away from the companies you listed, but, why not do it yourself?

There is more than enough knowledgeable help here on LRH, and working on loads is a great way to get to know your rifle.

AJ

Well I would like to do it myself I just have never reloaded and I don't have the equipment. I guess I could buy the Berger rounds from gunwerks and get it all dialed in but my local range is only out to 200 yards

Here is another scope to consider. Go to Greybull Precision and check that scope out. Its a Leoupold. It was the original Best of The West used back when John Burns was the host over 4 or 5 years ago. He carried the scope with him and started up his own company when Best of The West started changing there product.

Not trying to sound negative but the experince I have had with Greybull optics in the last 2 months has been terrible. I recommended to my friend a greybull scope and he purchased it over 2 months ago. I called them three weeks after the scope was purchased on a Monday and they told me the scope would be shipped out that friday. That was over a month and a half ago. I feel sorry for my friend because he has a brand new custom built 6.5 x 284 that is sitting in gun cabinet clecking dust. I would consider another company before Greybull. Again sorry for the negative talk but I have nothing else to go by.

Moose

Definately go with Gunwerks! They have the best processes and facilities for doing the installation and calibration. You will not be disappointed. You can do the work yourself, but it can be time consuming for someone who is trying to get it done and work too. Just call the two companies and you will see who has the knowlege to do your work for you!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.