load data for .338 lapua

stevesmith

i have the savage 110ba .338 lapua rifle..i have purchased several books several of lymans load books but everything i have does not show hardly any load info.
ive have some hornady 250g hpbt bullets and i have some 250g sierra hpbt bullets and im using retumbo powder.. i havent loaded anything yet because i cant find info. for what i have. hornady list there sp bullet. but thats all..i went on load data and bought a year of online data and there was not one load in there for either of these 2 bullets with retumbo powder..anything you guys can help me with i certainly would appreciate it...

i get different powder amounts from every place i go..ive been to hornady's site showing what you said 90.0 to start and 98.0 max. with a 250g pill..then i have a lyman book showing a 250g pill to start at 89.0 g and 95.5 being max load ..thats 2.5 g at max..i will work my load up from the bottom looking for pressure signs but 2.5 g difference is enough to cause damage and both places i got my info. from are reptuable sites. so i was wanting to see if anybody has used the 250g pill with retumbo that would be willing to share what they found to work good..i dont want to have a bad mishap and loose my gun or my life, so i cant have enough info. especially on this picky round..
thank you very much for all your info. everything i get is a huge help and i really appreciate your time..
hope you have a blessed day..

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.