Lizard bedding works great

I tried it, it tumbled forever and not much happened, maybe wrong rice but I'm not trying any more, this works and you can buy in bulk and really save, although the rice is easier to count, lol.

This lizard stuff actually has less dust than walnut name brand stuff I was using, maybe too dusty ain't good for lizards, brass didn't feel like it had any residue on it

Interesting on the dust.

I've read that untreated walnut absorbs oils really well, that's my reasoning as to why it's on my shelf for post-sizing cleaning - if needed. Treated media from Lymans (corn cob and walnut) both polish well enough I don't feel like I need to add anything, even though I've used NuFinish in treated corn cob for years to really put a shine on grungy cases before I was using pins.

Interesting on the dust.

I've read that untreated walnut absorbs oils really well, that's my reasoning as to why it's on my shelf for post-sizing cleaning - if needed. Treated media from Lymans (corn cob and walnut) both polish well enough I don't feel like I need to add anything, even though I've used NuFinish in treated corn cob for years to really put a shine on grungy cases before I was using pins.
I just got sticker shock when I went to get some of the walnut media at gun store, it was a small container for 26.00 which will fill my tumbler maybe twice, I had no problem with the way it worked, it just seems like way to much money, kinda like spending 5 bucks on a bottle of water, I can get a lot more of the lizard stuff for way less, does the same thing. I did add 3m finesse-it finishing material to it, it has no silicone or wax, not much and it comes in a big bottle, used for buffing clear coat on cars, I'm thinking something more abrasive would be better like what they use to buff car clear coat after it's painted to smooth it but been using this even with old media. The Lyman red media is the worst, dust on everything.

If you're ever ordering from them Precision Reloading sells bulk tumbling media for a good price. But walnut is walnut and if you can get it from the pet store all the better. Corn cob seems harder to come by.

And yes the Lyman rouge Tuff-Nut is a mess.

You can get 32lbs of the Zilla media for 39.00, I think 6.99 shipping but 32lbs will last you a while, on Amazon

I did use the Frankfurt stuff added to my media to shine brass but it's a small bottle compared to a quart of the 3m stuff which will last me for years

I use to use the 3m stuff to buff my fiberglass boat out years ago, still had quite a bit left that I held on to so figured why not try it but I'm sure there's many other things you can use like someone mentioned nu finish

I just found that you can get agragrit which is crushed want shells from home Depot for 29.00 for 25lbs and you can get it in fine or coarse grits used for sandblasting