little levels

screech

what are the little levels for. Do they help that much. whats a good place to buy them from? Are they plastic or aluminum?

Yep, they help. The longer the range the more help they are.

The whole idea is to remove the cant from the rife, keeping the line of bore precisely under the line of sight.

I don't know the material of those ones that stick up and fold down.

I just buy a cheap (5 buck or so) level then take the bubble thingers out and drill a scope ring and super glue it in.

After calibration it seems as good as any.

However, if you are a good irrigator they are pretty much unnecessary. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

A little more reasonable way to go about it also is to buy from an R.V. supply store- R.V levels I have used the magnetic ones to check level on my rifle- then level my reticles on my scopes when mounting. I find it to be cheaper- because I am a cheapskate!!!

Re: little levels - I\'m cheaper than Gunslinger

Whatever happened to pred8tor (close) who hung around here. I have several of his but he ran out of rings or something. Being impatient I scrounged around the bins of stuff and came up with some suitable rings. Drill a hole for a finger press fit of the bubble level, drop in a dab of gorilla glue, clamp till set, dress up edges, mount calibrate and whaaa laaaa there you go.

About the only negative is that if you are left handed this type of level will cover the markings on the windage turret. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.