Lightweight .308 bolt action

Sean H

Whats the best lightweight hunting rifle out there right now thats not gonna break the bank. Looking for under $1000

for quite a bit under $1000 i would say savage lightweight hunter or lightweight storm. i have 2 one stainless in 6.5CM and one with the walnut stock in .308. have taken many animals with them, very easy to carry around.

Many good options out there. The Tikka T3x Lite in .308 would be on my short list if I were looking. That will leave you $400-$500 to put towards good glass.

for quite a bit under $1000 i would say savage lightweight hunter or lightweight storm. i have 2 one stainless in 6.5CM and one with the walnut stock in .308. have taken many animals with them, very easy to carry around.
Yea I looked at those . What kinda glass do you have on them? They produce pretty tight groups?

Many good options out there. The Tikka T3x Lite in .308 would be on my short list if I were looking. That will leave you $400-$500 to put towards good glass.

I didnt think you could get a Tikka for that price point. Where are you looking in particular?

I didnt think you could get a Tikka for that price point. Where are you looking in particular?
Several places. Buds, Grabagun, Cabelas, Academy, etc. List price is $650ish I think which means you should be able to get into a new one for under $600 if you shop around, wait for upcoming seasonal sales or use the "match price" feature through Buds.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.