Light weight, short action, low recoil, mid range build input wanted

With my wife in mind and knowing how she likes to shoot I'm going to put together a 6.5x47 Lapua, easy recoil, excellent bullets and it can take a decent volume of shooting and it's an actual short action round with ballistics that aren't a turd. If she feels the need to whack a bull out farther then she can shoot one of my braked rifles, she shoots my ground howitzers very well.

Yes, I have been thinking along these lines as well. I want her to be excited about shooting it. When we do head to Alaska it will be with her father and he will be toting his 375 and I mine, so there will be back up.

Also how do you do length of pull? The compact win M70 has a LOP of 13", does that include the butt pad? She measures 15" from bicep to pad of trigger finger, factoring in clothing is this stock to long? She is in excellent physical condition, thin cheeks, developed shoulders, I know all those things play into the fit.

three rounds jump to the forfront in my eyes. The Savage 250AI is just a super performer for no more than it is! The .260 Remington ain't exactly bad, and the 7-08. Of these I like the little .250 best.

Take a Remington 700, Savage short action, or even a Howa with a 22" barrel, and your good to go for deer sized game out to an honest no B.S. 400 yards. You should be able to disect a coyote out to 450 yards with the right bullet. Plus they won't beat you up with a lot of recoil.

Another combo that is often overlooked is the 6x45 and the 6x47 rounds off the .222 case family. The 6x45 will push an 85 grain bullet 2800fps!
gary

May I suggest you get your wife a Savage light weight hunter in 6.5 Creedmoor . It will definitely fit your needs. Short action, low recoil and a good assortment of high BC bullets.

I have the perfect rifle for you, a model 7 350 Rem Mag, 22" Shilen barrel w/ a brake and will take it all out to 300 yds and is about the recoil of a 7mm/08 weighs 8lbs w/ a leupold VX-11

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.